The Good Trade editors endorse products we’ve personally researched, tested, and genuinely love. Learn more about our methodology and business model here.
As a kid in the ‘90s and ‘00s, I watched grown adults on the news, fistfighting over TVs and trampling one another for an iPod on Black Friday. The horror stories I’ve heard have only ever kept me far, far away from any retail store the day—or even weekend—after Thanksgiving. It’s nearly impossible to avoid the noise of sales and stuff literally the day after a holiday apparently committed to gratitude here in the US. (And which deserves its own conversation—read more about the true history of Thanksgiving).
But one of the biggest conversations we have frequently, with each other and with our readers, is how to make sustainable choices on a budget. Well-crafted and fairly made goods are inherently more expensive than those available on the ultra-mass market, sometimes leaving folks who have less money to spend feeling excluded. But exclusivity is not a sustainable approach, either.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about shopping mindfully on a budget, it’s this: You do not have to consume at the pace of your peers. If you’re used to buying twenty dresses for $5 a piece, you don’t have to purchase twenty sustainable dresses at $100 a piece. It is okay to purchase one instead of twenty; no one worth your energy is going to judge you for not consuming your way through a fast fashion wardrobe. If and/or when we want to update our style more frequently, we turn to secondhand shopping, DIYs, and clothing swaps with friends for a less costly way to switch things up. We try to take the same approach with home goods and beauty buys, too.
But there are even limitations on singular purchases, depending on what your budget allows. That’s why this year, we’re sharing a roundup of brands offering holiday sales over Black Friday and Cyber Week—and we encourage you to use this list as a reference for gifts and goods you were already planning to buy. If you have a specific brand or item in mind, skip all the rest and hit Ctrl+F or ⌘+F on desktop to search the page for what you want. (If you’re on mobile here’s how to find on page on Apple and Android devices.)
Bear with me as I update daily as new sales are announced and others end; this guide is meant to be a living, breathing resource for you to check back in on and see if any products on your list are available at a discount. I’ll be updating through the first couple days of December to include some Cyber Monday and Cyber Week sales, so keep an eye out!
So this year, maybe you’ll find one or two items you’ve been looking for, but I also wish for you a weekend of rest, community, and quiet.
**Editor’s Note: This piece is being updated as sales go live!
- Build a new clean (and affordable) beauty routine with 30% off bundles at Cocokind now through November 28. It’s one of our editors’ must-haves, read our full cocokind review here!
- Now through November 26, take 20% off sitewide at Beautycounter and get free shipping on orders $50+, and snag a free gift with orders over $150. (And psst: check out our Beautycounter review!)
- Now through November 28, get 30% off all of selfmade‘s adorable skincare — all of their “pyschodermatology” products are developed with mental health experts.
- Up your natural nail game with Bare Hands, specializing in good-for-your-nails products like clear polish, files, and cuticle oil. Through November 19, they’re offering 20% off sitewide, no code needed.
- Herbivore Botanical‘s natural, cruelty free skincare makes your skin and your bathroom vanity look fantastic. They’re doing 25% off sitewide through November 27 with code CYBER, and orders $100 or more will recieve a free sample.
- Cocofloss‘s non-toxic, sustainably made dental floss is all 25% off now through November 30.
- Skylar‘s clean, hypoallergenic perfumes are all 30% off (40% off on select scents) through November 26 with code BFCM.
- Get more of Nécessaire‘s natural, minimalistic body care products through November 28. They’re adding in a free full sized Body Serum with every order, plus an additional Body Oil on all orders $100+.
- Clean, vegan makeup brand Axiology offers 20% off through November 27, no code needed. We love their plastic-free lip products and multi-sticks.
- Specializing in sensitive skin, First Aid Beauty will offer 30% off and free shipping with code CYBERSZN through November 30.
- It’s no secret that we love Nisolo and their sustainable shoes and accessories — now through November 29, snag up to 70% off sitewide.
- Sustainable clothing, accessories, and home goods brand wearwell offers 25% off sitewide plus free shipping on orders of $100 or more now through December 3, no code needed.
- Pixie Mood‘s vegan leather handbags are all 15% off until January 1 with code PIXIEGIFT15.
- Nashville-based (and TGT fave!) brand ABLE, which prioritizes creating safe, dignified jobs for women in the fashion industry, is offering 40% off sitewide with code GOODTRADE now through November 27. Stock up on their elevated basics like sweaters, tees, and accessories.
- Now through November 18, get 20% off Unbound Merino‘s simple, versatile wool clothing with our code, TGT20.
- Sustainable fine jewelry brand Aurate New York offers 30% off sitewide through November 30, along with 35% off orders of $1k or more — any engagements coming up? 😊
- Kane Footwear makes active recovery shoes that are good for your feet and the planet. Now through November 27, buy one pair and get a second 25% off.
- B-Corp certified clean clothing brand MATE the Label offers 30% off sitewide now through November 30, with no coupon code needed.
- Get up to 40% off Thesus‘s environmentally conscious shoes designed for active lifestyles now through November 28.
- Take 30% off sitewide through November 27 at TomboyX, a queer-run B-Corp specializing in swim, underwear, and activewear.
- On November 17 and 18, take 30% off Vitamin A‘s full-priced sustainable luxury swimwear. Then, get up to 75% off select styles November 19 through 28, no code needed.
- Modern Picnic is offering 30% all of its chic, sustainable lunch boxes that look like accessories now through November 25 with code BLACKFRIDAY.
- DL1961, a circular denim company, is offering 30% off full priced styles along with an extra 30% off sale pieces through November 30 with code THANKFUL2023.
- Sustainable shoe brand Alterre is offering 25% off sitewide through November 26, no code needed, along with $75 off orders over $150. The brand makes high-quality shoes with clever interchangable straps — so you can actually make your heels and ballet flats comfortable.
- We love the trendy activewear, soft fabrics, and ethos of giving back at Beyond Yoga — and through November 28, they’re offering 30% off sitewide.
- Cleobella, makers of high quality, ethically made women’s clothing, offers 25% off sitewide from November 20 through 25.
- We can’t resist Evewear‘s ultra-feminine sleepwear sustainably made from 100% deadstock fabric — and this Cyber Week, we don’t have to. The brand is offering 40% off everything except their latest collection now through November 27.
- Now through November 27, New York-based small jewelry company Frank Darling offers 10% off all of its lab diamonds with code SUPERSHINE.
- State Cashmere‘s sustainable cashmere basics are 20% off sitewide through Cyber Monday.
- This Is J‘s loungewear, handmade in Canada, is between 30% and 60% off through November 27 with code BFSALE.
- Verloop‘s colorful, funky knit goods are 30% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY through November 27.
- Bixbee sells children’s goods like backpacks, bedding, and playspaces with a “One Here. One There” mission — for every backpack purchase, the company donates a backpack and school supplies to a child in need. From November 20 through 26 take 25% off sitewide with code BIGSAVINGS.
- Now through Cyber Monday, take 20% off sitewide at Newton Baby, purveyors of nursery and pregnancy products.
- Sustainable and affordable? All of Hello Bello‘s diapers are made in the U.S. with 100% renewable energy, and they don’t break the bank. Between November 20 and 26, use code BF40 to get 40% off your first order.
Food & Beverage
- Lettuce Grow (co-founded by Zooey Deschanel) sells farmstands that help you grow greens and produce at home, both outdoors and indoors — how cool is that? Through November 26, take 20% off sitewide with code GREENFRIDAY.
- Makers of that cult classic Sichuan chili oil, Fly By Jing, offers up to 60% off through November 27 along with an additional 20% off for their Tastemaker Club members. It’s the perfect chance to check out their other products like their Zhong Sauce and Chili Crisp Vinaigrette.
- Xtrema, which makes clean, ceramic cookware, offers VIPs 30% off sitewide plus free shipping November 18 and 19.
- Brightland sources all of their olive oils, vinegars, and honey from family-run farms in California and Hawaii. Now through November 27, get 20% off orders of $100 or more, 25% off $200, and 30% off $300.
- Try out some of Clevr Blends‘ adaptogenic or probiotic powder blends with up to 40% off select products through November 27.
- Food media company Food52 offers 20% off their entire lineup of high quality cookware, tableware, and home goods through November 28, along with 25% off orders of $150 or more. Use code CYBER.
- Through November 28, get 20% off sitewide at Meyer Market, purveyors of sustainably and ethically raised meat products. They’ll also give 30% off orders of $200 or more.
Home Decor & Furniture
- Caraway sells sustainably made non-stick ceramic cookware that’s free of potentially harmful materials like PFAS. Now through December 31, get 10% off orders of $85 or more, 15% off $425 or more, and 20% off $525 or more, plus a free kettle with orders over $975.
- Noho‘s throughfuly designed chairs are made of sustainable materials in Wellington, New Zealand. Through the end of the year, use code NICEMOVES for $80 off two Move Chairs, or LIGHTPAIR for $60 off two Lightly Chairs.
- Material‘s elegant and optimized kitchen products are all on sale through November 28 — get 15% off orders of $100 or less, 20% off orders between $100 and $299, and 25% off orders of $300 or more. Plus, for every discount recieved, the brand donates to Apex for Youth.
- Visit Albany Park‘s website for up to 40% off some of their most-loved designs, like sofas, sectionals, and ottomans, through November 30.
- Take 10% off 7th Avenue‘s functional, modular, stain-resistent sofas with code BFCM through November 28, and they’ll also add in free throw pillows.
- Outer‘s sustainably made outdoor furniture is all 30% off through December 5.
- Now through December 4, get free shipping and up to 25% off 54kibo‘s collection of gorgeous luxury African decor like lighting fixtures, pillows, and rugs with the code BFCM.
- Take 30% off TUSHY‘s bidets and bundles though November 22 with code EARLYTURD.
- Birthdate Co., makers of adorable personalized Zodiac pillows and books, offers up to 50% off sitewide through November 28, along with free shipping on two or more items.
- Snag 20% off Geometry‘s adorable kitchen, bath, and beach towels through November 27 — they were recently voted best kitchen towels of 2023 by Better Homes & Gardens.
- Now through November 30, buy two of Puracy‘s plant-based cleaning products and get one free, no code needed.
- All of Schoolhouse‘s chic homegoods are 20% off under November 28 — and orders of $500 or more are 25% off.
- Gardening accessories brand Soltech offers up to 33% through November 30, no code needed.
- Year & Day‘s elevated, minimalistic tableware is between 10% and 20% off sitewide through November 28.
- We love plastic free, non-toxic laundry detergent as an easy eco-friendly swap — and now through December 31, take 40% off Earth Breeze‘s laundry sheets when you subscribe to their emails. Plus, November 20 through 27, the company plants a tree for every pack of eco-sheets purchased.
- Now through November 29, get up to 50% on select products at Click & Grow, makers of indoor smart gardens and plant pods.
- Our Place offers huge discounts on some of its best selling non-toxic kitchenware through November 28, with savings of up to 45%.
- Small, women-run cookware brand Great Jones offers up to 50% off its gorgeous, colorful cookware through November 26.
- Now through November 28, take 30% off all of 360 Cookware‘s non-toxic, PFAS-free, stainless steel cookware and bakeware with code BFCM30, including bellsellers like their slow cooker set or cookie sheets.
Bedding & Mattresses
- Take a minimum of 20% off sitewide at Coop Sleep Goods, specializing in adjustable, customizable sleep goods, through November 28. Plus, select goods like Cool+ sheets, Cool+ blankets, pet beds, and throw pillows are up to 40% off.
- For an exclusive deal: now through January 8, take 10% off sitewide at Brentwood Home with code GOODTRADE.
- Until December 14, take 20% off select mattresses, bedding, and pillows at Nest Bedding, a family-owned, organic bedding company.
- Now through November 26, take 25% off sitewide at Birch Living, makers of luxe organic mattresses and bedding, with code BF25.
- Designed for athletes, Bear‘s memory foam and coiled mattresses are certified clean. Through November 26, use code BLACKFRIDAY to get 35% off sitewide along with a free sleep bundle — pillows, a sheet set, and a mattress protector — with each mattress.
- Plank makes firm, flippable, organic mattresses — now through November 22 you can take 25% off with code BFRIDAY25.
- Get up to $1,250 off PlushBed‘s non-toxic, organic mattresses through December 4, along with $599 in free bedding with each mattress purchase. You can also shop up to 60% off the brand’s adjustable beds, toppers, and pillows — plus, code GOODTRADE100 gets you an additional $100 off mattresses!
- One of our favorite sustainable mattress and bedding companies, Avocado Green Mattress, offers 10% off sitewide through November 27 and gives 1% of all sales to the Farmlink Project which helps connect farmers to food banks. But no rush — first time customers can still get 10% off sitewide with code GOODTRADE through January 8.
- Premium bedding and furniture company Saatva offers $350 off their classic innerspring mattress through December 4. They’re also doing a buy more, save more model — get $200 off orders between $900 and $1,500, $300 off $1,500 to $2,500, $350 off $2,500 to $3,500, $400 off $3,500 through $4,500, and $500 off orders of $4,500 or more.
- Get 25% off all of MagicLinen‘s products like linen loungewear and home goods now through November 28, plus 30% off all bedding bundles.
- Eight Sleep‘s “Pod” heats or cools your bed to the perfect temperature each night, helping you get your best sleep ever. And now through November 30, they’re offering a huge deal — up to $500 off.
- Cozy sheet maker Brooklinen is offering 20% off sitewide through November 29, excluding last call items.
- Take 20% off everything (with a few exclusions) at Parachute Home, makers of artisan bedding products, both online and in person through November 27.
- We’re building better habits as we move into 2024, and our supplement routines are getting a major upgrade. You can save 40% off your first month of Ritual’s daily supplements through November 28th (automatically applies at checkout).
- ATTITUDE, which designs both natural, non-toxic cosmetics along with home care products, is offering 15% off sitewide through November 16 with code BFRIDAY15.
- One of the OG reusable stainless steel water bottle companies, Klean Kanteen is still doing it right with B-Corp and Climate Neutral certifications. Get 25% off sitewide from Black Friday through Cyber Monday, along with up to 30% off overstock items now through November 30.
- We love Hum Nutrition‘s sustainable vitamins for whatever your body needs. Now through November 28, snag up to 50% off sitewide (check out our review for more info!).
- Through December 1, take 25% off sitewide at Dame, makers of sexual wellness products like toys and lubes, along with an additional 60% off clearance items.
- Recovery technology company Hyperice offers up to 20% off its products like massage guns, leg compressors, and heating and cooling devices now through December 2.
- Take 20% off sitewide through November 28 at Kinfield, the beauty brand for active lifestyles specializing in clean bug sprays, sun protection, and deordorant.
- The “Internet’s favorite alarm clock,” Loftie‘s clocks help you fall asleep faster with meditation and white noise and wake up easier with a sunrise clock. Get 25% off sitewide through November 27, plus free shipping.
- Momentous‘s clean supplements designed for athletes are all 30% off from November 20 through 22.
- We love Moon Juice, the iconic LA-based supplement and skincare brand that specialized in adaptogens. Now through November 28, get 25% off sitewide along, or 30% off the first three months of a subscription.
Emily Torres is the Editorial Director at The Good Trade. Born and raised in Indiana, she studied Creative Writing and Business at Indiana University. You can usually find her in her colorful Los Angeles apartment journaling, caring for her rabbits and her cat, or gaming.